Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco ips 6.2 vs cisco ips 7.0

jignesh.darji
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, All

I have some experience with cisco IPS, but i want to know is there any differences between this two.

or any know registred bug issue with this two model?

which  one is best? if you want to buy??? I need comparision when i go through  docs both have similar restistiction and limitation, usually for IPv6.

My objective to choose any one!! which is best, and why??

if you have any idea please share. and thanks for that!!!

Regards

Jignesh Darji

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Definitely choose the latest version IPS version 7.0 as it has new features and bug fixes that were found in the earlier version.

But BTW, if you buy IPS, you will not buy based on the version because the software comes with it by default, and you can upgrade and downgrade it accordingly if you want to.

There are actually many different models of IPS, and here is the list:

- IPS 4200 series

- AIP module on ASA firewalls

- IOS IPS

- IDSM2 on 6500 series switch

- AIM or NME IPS on routers

They all can run either version 6.2 or 7.0, or any other version supported in that platform.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Definitely choose the latest version IPS version 7.0 as it has new features and bug fixes that were found in the earlier version.

But BTW, if you buy IPS, you will not buy based on the version because the software comes with it by default, and you can upgrade and downgrade it accordingly if you want to.

There are actually many different models of IPS, and here is the list:

- IPS 4200 series

- AIP module on ASA firewalls

- IOS IPS

- IDSM2 on 6500 series switch

- AIM or NME IPS on routers

They all can run either version 6.2 or 7.0, or any other version supported in that platform.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card