cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE-PIC, no OVA only ISO??

Jack G
Level 1
Level 1

I see there's a OVA for ISE, but not for ISE-PIC? Any specific configurations I need to make the virtual for smaller environments, i.e. under 200 device on the network per step1? Step 2, again not sure where to find a OVA unless I'm not understanding something. Also, any reason the directions states use option 2 for console instead of option 1 for keyboard and mouse? I won't have a console to the virtual machine.

Before you begin

Before you install Cisco ISE-PIC on any of the supported appliances, ensure you have:

1. Created and accessed the virtual machine correctly.

2. Complied with all firmware and virtual machine requirements as follows:

• Virtual Machine—install an OVA template prior to ISE-PIC installation and ensure your virtual machine server is configured correctly.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You're intended to use/match the SNS-3515 or 3615 VM sizing for this. Use option for keyboard/mouse installation, not sure why it would say otherwise. I'm not aware of a dedicated ISE-PIC OVA. 

"Prerequisites and System Requirements
This section provides links and information for software and virtual machine requirements and prerequisties necessary to install ISE-PIC.

ISE-PIC supports only virtual machines. Virtual machines should be based on the Cisco SNS 3500 or 3600 series appliance specifications."
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-7/pic_install_upgrade/b_pic_install_upgrade_27/pic_install_overview.html

So based on the 3515 this would be 16 GB of memory, 12 vcpu/12000 MHz. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You're intended to use/match the SNS-3515 or 3615 VM sizing for this. Use option for keyboard/mouse installation, not sure why it would say otherwise. I'm not aware of a dedicated ISE-PIC OVA. 

"Prerequisites and System Requirements
This section provides links and information for software and virtual machine requirements and prerequisties necessary to install ISE-PIC.

ISE-PIC supports only virtual machines. Virtual machines should be based on the Cisco SNS 3500 or 3600 series appliance specifications."
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-7/pic_install_upgrade/b_pic_install_upgrade_27/pic_install_overview.html

So based on the 3515 this would be 16 GB of memory, 12 vcpu/12000 MHz. 

Understood, think less than 600GB virtual hard drive can be used? Not sure if it can be extended later if needed? Was thinking like 300GB?

ISE-PIC has the same validated deployment models as a standard ISE deployment. In a Standalone deployment where all personas are running on the same node, the minimum supported disk space for a Production environment is 600GB as per the ISE 2.7 Install Guide. If you were to build the VM with less than the minimum specs and run into performance issues, TAC may not be able to provide support.

Also note that the database is built based upon the disk space available during installation. To increase the disk size later would require a complete rebuild of the ISE node.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: