cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco License

Gezimvatovci
Level 1
Level 1

I have an Cisco ASA 5515 i have already installec cisco any conect license for 100.

but i wan't it to but 250 more, 

the question is do i need to added on other asa these 250 or can i build on same platform to be 350 ??

I have an ASA with 100 license so i wan't it to add it more 250 ?

or is not working i need to add 250 on other asa >

Thanks,

Gezim

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It depends.

Are your ASAs in an HA pair?

Are your existing license the newer Anyconnect Plus or Apex type? (or the older Essentials / Premium type).

Old style licenses combine on an HA pair and the activation keys are additive up to the platform limit. Enforcement is done by the active ASA. You can no longer buy old style licenses. They were sold in tiers (50, 100, 250 etc.)

New style licenses are per individual user and can be installed on many ASAs. When installed they show the maximum count and enforcement is up to you to be compliant with your license terms.

In your case - since you have ASA 5515-X - the maximum for that hardware is 250 SSL VPN peers. So you cannot have 350 no matter what license you buy.

If you have old style licenses you would need to replace them with 250 user new style licenses. If you already have 100 new style licenses then you can purchase 150 additional licenses.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It depends.

Are your ASAs in an HA pair?

Are your existing license the newer Anyconnect Plus or Apex type? (or the older Essentials / Premium type).

Old style licenses combine on an HA pair and the activation keys are additive up to the platform limit. Enforcement is done by the active ASA. You can no longer buy old style licenses. They were sold in tiers (50, 100, 250 etc.)

New style licenses are per individual user and can be installed on many ASAs. When installed they show the maximum count and enforcement is up to you to be compliant with your license terms.

In your case - since you have ASA 5515-X - the maximum for that hardware is 250 SSL VPN peers. So you cannot have 350 no matter what license you buy.

If you have old style licenses you would need to replace them with 250 user new style licenses. If you already have 100 new style licenses then you can purchase 150 additional licenses.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card