cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Security Manager 4.1

pmccubbin
Level 5
Level 5

Would somebody from Cisco mind explaining how they can sell us a license for Cisco Security Manager 4.0.1 and when we try to upgrade to 4.1 they want to sell us another license???

This is from the manual:

"Normally when you upgrade from an earlier version of an application, both the evaluation and permanent licenses are preserved. However, all Security Manager 4.0.1 and earlier customers need to procure a new license (or licenses) for Security Manager 4.1 irrespective of whether they have a valid license (or licenses) for Security Manager 4.0.1 or earlier. With the exception of incremental licenses, existing Security Manager 4.0.1 and earlier licenses are not valid for Security Manager 4.1."

3 Replies 3

pmccubbin
Level 5
Level 5

I just spoke with Cisco TAC and the answer is that 4.0.1 customers who purchased software maintenance can apply for a free license upgrade. Their old licenses for 4.0.1 will no longer work in 4.1 but at least there is no charge for going through the licensing process again.

Cisco Licensing told me about the Product Upgrade Tool and since I had a valid contract was able to order the 4.1 software. The only problem is they are mailing me via ground transportation a new PAK. I guess they couldn't think of any faster way of conducting business.

Happy ending. While the process for ordering the license made it appear they would mail of Fedex the PAK, the electronic version just arrived as I requested. The license upgrade can now be installed without very ado.

Question Answered.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card