Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco User Agent End-of-life - FMC virtual - version 6.6

laurathaqi
Level 3
Level 3

Dear community, 

I am planning to deploy a Cisco FMC virtual and one of the questions I currently have on my preparation list is on Cisco User Agent. I have seen the red pop-up notice on other FMCs that Cisco User Agent will soon be deprecated and its follower will be Cisco ISE/ISE-PIC. 

My question is as following: If I go with Cisco User Agent(even though its deprecated), how long will I be able to use it as a solution with the FMC as I stay with FMC version 6.6. Is there a source I can get precise information about its lifetime in a deprecated mode? 

Any thoughts and/or suggestions would be highly appreciated. 

Thank you,

Laura 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi @laurathaqi 

Version 6.6 is EoS H1 2022, EoSW H1 2023 and end of TAC support H1 2025.

Refer to page 21 of this CL presentation for lifecycle policy.

https://www.ciscolive.com/c/dam/r/ciscolive/emea/docs/2020/pdf/BRKSEC-2020.pdf

If you use User Agent you'll never be able to upgrade past 6.6, I'd recommend using ISE-PIC or ISE if you are deploying a new solution.

HTH

View solution in original post

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As @Rob Ingram implies, you can use Cisco User Agent as long as you run 6.6.

However new features in 6.7 and later may compel you to want to run those releases sooner than the end of 6.6's usable life for other reasons. You may also eventually run into compatibility issues with your servers (e.g. when Microsoft puts a hard block on <TLS 1.2)

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi @laurathaqi 

Version 6.6 is EoS H1 2022, EoSW H1 2023 and end of TAC support H1 2025.

Refer to page 21 of this CL presentation for lifecycle policy.

https://www.ciscolive.com/c/dam/r/ciscolive/emea/docs/2020/pdf/BRKSEC-2020.pdf

If you use User Agent you'll never be able to upgrade past 6.6, I'd recommend using ISE-PIC or ISE if you are deploying a new solution.

HTH

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As @Rob Ingram implies, you can use Cisco User Agent as long as you run 6.6.

However new features in 6.7 and later may compel you to want to run those releases sooner than the end of 6.6's usable life for other reasons. You may also eventually run into compatibility issues with your servers (e.g. when Microsoft puts a hard block on <TLS 1.2)

laurathaqi
Level 3
Level 3

Hi @Rob Ingram and @Marvin Rhoads , 

Thank you all for the information and thoughts provided. Highly useful and appreciated. 

Best wishes,

Laura

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: