cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

clearing asa 5520 firewall config

baselzind
Level 6
Level 6

if i did wr erase on a asa 5520 firewall will the licenses disappear? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

as @Seb Rupik  mentioned you can try another way doing this you lic will stay intact.

configure factory-default

fc.PNGthe link is here

please do not forget to rate.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there,

I believe the licenses will remain. You need to replace the install license with one with less features. Did you keep a copy of the activation key prior to installing the current license? If so, re-apply that one.

You other option may be to contact licensing@cisco.com with a copy of your sh ver and ask for a license key with the bare minimum feature set.

cheers,

Seb.

i didnt get you , why would i need to replace the install license with one with less features if the license will not get removed?

as @Seb Rupik  mentioned you can try another way doing this you lic will stay intact.

configure factory-default

fc.PNGthe link is here

I didn't get it, is it saying i need to do first "configure factory-default" then "wr erase" then "wr memory"????

This link will help you here 

Sorry, I was thinking that you actually wanted to remove the licenses so were clarifying the steps to do that. 

cheers,

Seb.

You can aleo run clear configure all to remove all configurations. The firewall leaves basic settings as if it was facory reset.

License keys remain

the command syntax is (clear configure all) ?

Yes correct.

clear configuration all

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card