Views
Helpful
Replies

Connect to FMC through outside of FTD

najarian
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am thinking that if it is possible or not, that I can connect to FMC via NAT configuration on FTD on (specific port/Forwarding ) from the OUTside interface of FTD. is that possible? it means that traffic comes from interface Outside of FTD, and then routed to FMC via the Management interface of FTD?

the reason behind: I don't want to open traffic from Intenet to FMC directly, and I want that FTD was responsible for this connection.

thanks

ashkan

Mohammad najarian
CCIE #65604
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes you can do that.

Note that the communications from a managed device to FMC are always encrypted (TLS over tcp/8305). So you could give your remote FMC a public NAT with an ACL on whatever firewall serves it and thus restrict incoming traffic that way as well.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes you can do that.

Note that the communications from a managed device to FMC are always encrypted (TLS over tcp/8305). So you could give your remote FMC a public NAT with an ACL on whatever firewall serves it and thus restrict incoming traffic that way as well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card