Views
Helpful
Replies

Converted FTD 1010 from FTD to ASA - licensing issues

zyhranaj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I hope some of you might have come across the same issues and has a solution which doesn't involve re-purchasing the licenses for the equipment.

I have recently converted an FTD 1010 Appliance from FTD to ASA OS. I'm facing issues with Licensing now. When I want to check failover, it says that I need a license. The device itself used only the Base License, which I think should work also on ASA OS, or atleast it should be convertible, or am I missing something here?

Has anybody else had this issue and how did you solve it? A ticket has also been created at cisco/asked a representative directly and received two different statements regarding this issue.

Thank you in advance.

Best,

Atdhe

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

have you purchased ASA  License or FTD License,

contact License@cisco.com  or

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/licensing/licensing-support.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

The base license is FTD license. So that means it cannot be used for ASA Image?

Best,

Atdhe

as per i know yes you need ASA  License.

BB

@zyhranaj if you reimaged, you need to download the 3DES license from the cisco smart licensing site and apply to the ASA. The license is free.

exactly the device got re-imaged.

I connected the ASA to the Smart Account, but it's saying its non-compliant. I think to download it, I have to convert it to PAK.

Best,

Atdhe

@Rob Ingram  - thank you point, i was in impression ASA  need HA License ( by just downloading 3DES, all the features can work on ASA ?) - never done so, good to learn here..

BB

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card