Views
Helpful
Replies

Create Rule blocking programm.

n.avramenko87
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. friends! I need your advice. 

In my lan I blocked TeamVeiwer and AmmyAdmin. All good.
But now I want to deny another application - LiteManagerFree (This is  Remote access programm).
So I have problem.This program used ports - 5651, 5650.
What I done:
Create new application detector.
Add ports that a need.
Add this application to blocked im my access control policy.
But it does not work. (This Rule works for Teamviewer and Ammy).

Thank you!!!

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Have you confirmed the ports in use via analysis of a connection record or packet capture?

Have you tried doing a straight block on the tcp and udp destination ports vs using an application? (This would require its own entry in the ACP.)

Thank you for your time!
1. About analysis. Is it right that aI need used Network Descovery?
Or what you mean about analysis?
I must see this application in application detectors?
2. I tried to take only two ports - 5651, 5650 and block it. This blocking rule was before (above) rule that blocked TeamVeiwer. But workink only blocking TeamVeiwer((

You're welcome.

Regarding analysis I mean just looking at connection record of a host that you use to test the rule and visually confirming that the expected port numbers are the ones in use.

Your outcome of simple port blocking not having the expected effect leads me to believe that either the application isn't using only those ports or something else is going on with your rules. I do note from the product web site that one can specify non-standard ports for use. You can try packet-tracer from the cli or from the GUI to see what rule is allowing or preventing the flow.

I am also thinking that, depending on where the server and client are located, you may need to have a rule blocking 5650 and 5651 in both directions (one inbound and one outbound).

Thank you for your vision! I will try to do this.
But how FP blocked TeamVeiwer? I think it is not blocked ports for deny. It looks on packets of Team Veiwer(on packets header). Is it right?
May be I can do it for my programm? (for blocking)
Thank you for your time!
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card