Views
Helpful
Replies

Creating Two VPN Connections Over Different Public IP

rebazsalih
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

My ISP gave me /28 Public IP, what I want to do is creating 4 site to site VPN connections with 4 remote sites

My question is How I can use one IP per each VPN connection instead of using the same IP address

Or How can I create multiple outside interfaces within the same subnet to use one outside interface per each VPN connection

Thanks

Regards

5 Replies 5

You don't say what hardware you have (FTD, ASA or IOS router)

If IOS router, you could define 4 loopback interfaces and assign each loopback as the tunnel source.
If ASA/FTD you could try to define 4 outside interfaces. For the first interface define a default route (0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0), for the other 3 interfaces default a specific static route for the other VPN peer's IP address.

Why bother though, just establish a VPN tunnel to the same IP address, which is assigned to the outside interface.

HTH

I am using FTD

but how can I assign tow different IP within the same subnet to 2 different outside interfaces, when I assign another public IP to another interface below message will appear.

IP Address overlaps or duplicate, interface  also has the Same Subnet

Good point, there is you answer.
So why do you need to do this? It offers no benefit

This is the scenario requested by management.

You cannot assign 4 IP addresses to the same interface.
As you are using 4 IP addresses from within the same network, this overlaps, so you cannot use 4 seperate interfaces.
You have to terminate a VPN on a physical interface (on FTD/ASA), so you cannot NAT either.

Tell management this is not possible.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card