Helpful
Replies

CSC-SSM-10 - CSC-SSM-20

VictorCL59
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

Please help me.

How many concurrent session can these modules figure out?

I have Cisco ASA 5510 base licence and I know that even without any modules it can handle only 50000 session per second.

I will buy security plus licence to enhance up to 130 000.

Will CSC-SSM-10 handle so many session?

CSC-SSM-10 supports only 50 users (it must mean 50 IP addresses, yes?).

I have 20 web-servers inside in DMZ. Is it mean that I have opportunity to have up to 30 more servers or IP addresses?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

50 users means total users, not simultaneous or concurrent users.

CSC module can only handle HTTP, SMTP, POP3 and FTP traffic.

Here is the sizing guide for your reference:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/vpndevc/ps6032/ps6094/ps6120/prod_white_paper0900aecd805c3cd6_ps9774_Products_White_Paper.html

View solution in original post

Correct, 50 users means 50 IP addresses.

If you will have 1 million connections per day for web traffic, then the answer is NO, CSC module is not the best fit solution for your environment.

CSC module is more to for outbound connections, not inbound connections. It can perform URL filtering, URL blocking, etc etc.

If you are hosting web servers, then CSC module won't be solution that you are looking for.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

50 users means total users, not simultaneous or concurrent users.

CSC module can only handle HTTP, SMTP, POP3 and FTP traffic.

Here is the sizing guide for your reference:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/vpndevc/ps6032/ps6094/ps6120/prod_white_paper0900aecd805c3cd6_ps9774_Products_White_Paper.html

Thanks for link.

50 users - it means 50 IP addresses, yes?

if I have 20 web servers with 20 ip addresses and about 1 million connection to my web servers. will it work?

I have read that CSC-SSM-10 handle only 45 concurrent connection. It's very strange.

If I want to provide web security, it means a large number of connection and here we have only 45.

Is it a good idea for doing Cisco ASA CSC-SSM for http,ftp traffic for about 1 million connection per day?

please give me any thoughts about it.

Correct, 50 users means 50 IP addresses.

If you will have 1 million connections per day for web traffic, then the answer is NO, CSC module is not the best fit solution for your environment.

CSC module is more to for outbound connections, not inbound connections. It can perform URL filtering, URL blocking, etc etc.

If you are hosting web servers, then CSC module won't be solution that you are looking for.

Can you help me with it?

There must be solution.

I have ASA 5510 without any modules.

CSC-SSM, you say, won't be a good for this.

AIP-SSM can't protect web traffic.

I just don't know what to implement for web security.

You might want to consult with your Cisco Account rep/Cisco partner who will be able to assist further with solution that best fit your requirement.

thanks.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card