Views
Helpful
Replies

CSM 4.8.0 Backup Issue

tuftsac01
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

In preparation of migrating/upgrading our CSM installation to a new server I attempted to run a backup of the databases based on the upgrade guide. I ran into an issue and the backup fails each time when trying to open the rpt database. The error that I am getting is: ERROR(1690): Fatal error: Database engine 'rptEng' could not be started on database 'rpt' in Bulk mode. Looking in the Event Viewer logs it looks like rptDbEngine process hasn't been able to successfully start in a month, but no other information as to why. I have tried to manually start the process through CSM as well as through Windows Service Manager with no luck. I have rebooted the server, stopped all other CSM processes and tried just starting the rptDbEngine process with no luck. The only thread I could find with a similar error just had a follow up that the other user's problem had resolved itself. Any help anyone could give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

Chetankumar Phulpagare
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CSM Backup should be done at regular intervals. That's the best fault tolerance measure you have available in case something goes wrong with application or the OS. As for the error, it could be caused by any number of factors. Please open a TAC case if possible.

Thanks,

Chetan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card