Views
Helpful
Replies

CWS connector on Firepower 2110

nickolaosm
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone

We are planning to replace for one of our customers the ASA 5520 firewall with the Firepower 2110.

The customer is using on the existing firewall (ASA5520) a CWS connector. 

Will be possible to use on Firepower 2110 the same licence he is using for the ASA5520 ?  

Thanks a lot for any feedback 

4 Replies 4

babiojd01
Level 1
Level 1

I take it you will be using the ASA OS on that device? From what i recall you can use all ftd on it or ASA only. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to because the license is handled by your cloud subscription to CWS.

Hello

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

No I am not going to use the ASA OS on this device.

It will be a firepower 2110 appliance with FXOS and FTD on top of it.

So the question is if the Firepower can support CWS connector configuration the same way as 

ASA 5520 does. 

If yes, what is needed to be done so the Cisco Web cloud security account (Scansafe) can be used on the new

device ? 

Hello

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

No I am not going to use the ASA OS on this device.

It will be a firepower 2110 appliance with FXOS and FTD on top of it.

So the question is if the Firepower can support CWS connector configuration the same way as 

ASA 5520 does. 

If yes, what is needed to be done so the Cisco Web cloud security account (Scansafe) can be used on the new

device ? 

https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286312080/type you are able to use ASA software build specifically for this device. If you are purposely using FTD then you need to use the URL filtering built with the device utilizing the URL license purchased for FTD.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card