cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cyber Vision - What switches are supported?

UT_games
Level 1
Level 1

According to the Cisco Cyber Vision datasheet only the Cisco IC3000 industrial compute switch that is cyber vision compatible.....However that switch only has 4 ports so you would need to purchase quite a few to plug in all the end devices. In comparison other cisco industrial control switches such as the IE 2000 and 3000 series and the 4000/5000 can have anywhere from 8 - 24 ports making this a better edge layer switch in terms of the number of ports.

cyber vision datasheet

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/se/internet-of-things/datasheet-c78-743222.html

Cisco IC3000 datasheet

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/3000-series-industrial-compute-gateways/datasheet-c78-741204.html

My question is does cyber vision work on the other cisco industrial control switches?

3 Replies 3

I have no experience with it and maybe I'm wrong, but ICS3000 is not meant as a host serving switch, instead is used as an IDS sensor by cybervision, you have to place only few of them in order to monitor the critical nodes of your industrial network.

Probably you have to connect it to switch spanned ports.  

@Massimo Baschieri wrote:

I have no experience with it and maybe I'm wrong, but ICS3000 is not meant as a host serving switch, instead is used as an IDS sensor by cybervision, you have to place only few of them in order to monitor the critical nodes of your industrial network.

Probably you have to connect it to switch spanned ports.  

I'm with you thanks! I guess then could any ole switch be plugged between the ICS3000 and the end devices and relay that asset information....?

ndeville
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi there,

IC3K is not a switch it's a compute device. In Cyber Vision context, you can use it as a sensor connected to a SPAN port (the 4 ports can be used as SPAN receiver).

If you want to have a switch with built-in support of Cyber Vision sensors, you need to look at IE3400 or Cat9K (9300+) which are the one compatible with IOX.

Best regards,

Nicolas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card