cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNS Servers per DHCP Pool on Cisco FDM 1010 - not solved

Piotr Kowalczyk
Level 1
Level 1

I'm posting the post once again as previous status shows for some reason as solved, I believe somebody could spoof me somehow, and I can't revoke it now.

I just wander is somebody could help me. I'm trying to set different DNS server per each DHCP pool and only working solution which I found is below:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/network-security/dns-servers-per-dhcp-pool-on-ftd-fdm/td-p/4038245

The issue with this is, once I restart the firewall, this disappears. I found this is saved in runnning-config but when I try to copy running-config to startup-config, I'm getting Illegal parameter error.

Can anybody advise me something please? I'm really frustrated of FDM at this stage, as would never expect will have problem with configuration of so basic thing.

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

LinaConfigTool should NOT be used outside of advice from TAC to address specific use cases.

Unfortunately FDM does have limited support when it comes to more advanced use cases.

(By the way I fixed your earlier thread by removing the spam reply that was marked as a solution)

Thank you, Marvin,

I don't have support contract, so can't log a call with TAC, unfortunately. This is my fist FDM (and last, more likely) device, and I'm really disappointed how many things can't be done on it. What I'm trying to do is to set a small branch office with two vlans and connect it back to HQ. This is not an advanced scenario, but very common in my opinion.

The LinaConfigTool is working ok for me, only problem which I have, how to copy running-config to startup-config. Or perhaps there is other solution for this?

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

LinaConfigTool is not designed for use outside of fixing a problem temporarily under TAC guidance - usually a a bug workaround. There is no provision for saving changes made using it.

The operational model for making configuration changes to a Firepower devices is either via FMC (which uses sftunnel control channel to propagate and save configuration changes) or FDM/CDO (which use the REST API).

As far as I can see, there is no option which would allow me to set different DNS for different DHCP scope in FDM, or there is? I was also thinking to do another basic thing, like DHCP rely, but again, can't find this option anywhere. Also, conditional forwarding, doesn't seem to be available.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card