cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does ASA FTD support Anyconnect VPN ?

NeerajS
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, We are currently have a Cisco ASA 5512. We are looking to procure the FTD protection license to have features like DOS protection (Rate limiting) , URL filtering etc. Reading online i think the latest FTD software version is 6.2.2

What happens to all the existing configuration (ACLs, AAA group, users, Anyconnect client VPN etc)  on ASA when we re-image it with this new FTD image?  Do we loose everything & need to create everything from scratch ?

I am more concerned about the client vpn. Does FTD support anyconnect client VPN ?  If not, how can we also have the VPN & still use the FTD 6.2.2?  If someone can point me to the right documentation that will be much appreciated. 

Thanks

Neeraj

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

No, Firepower Service Module is a addon to ASA, so you will still have the ASA and Firepower managed separately.
FTD (Firepower Threat Defense) is Firepower + ASA image combined into one image and manged from one place.

br, Micke

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

mikael.lahtela
Level 4
Level 4

Thank you mikael. Appreciate your quick response. 

On a different note, while reading online further i came across a diff product called Firepower Module . Is Firepower module and this FTD which i am referring to , the same thing ?  

Hi,

No, Firepower Service Module is a addon to ASA, so you will still have the ASA and Firepower managed separately.
FTD (Firepower Threat Defense) is Firepower + ASA image combined into one image and manged from one place.

br, Micke
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card