cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Downgrade?/Revert Active/Active pair to Active/Standby

Danny Cooke
Level 1
Level 1

I'm running a pair of 5525-X's in A/A Failover but I have just bought some VPN licenses.

What I didn't realise is that I can't configure AnyConnect in multiple context mode.

I'm only using one context so I essentially want to convert to an A/S pair. What would the steps be?

3 Replies 3

Vibhor Amrodia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

This would essentially involve you to change the ASA device back into single mode.

I would recommend you to take the backup of the context that you are using on the ASA Multimode and copy that over on the ASA device in single Mode without many changes.

The only thing to note is the configuration for the Admin context which i think might be in addition to the one context which u are using.

Once , you configure the ASA in single mode , turning that into A/S pair should be pretty straightforward.

Thanks and Regards,

Vibhor Amrodia

Thanks for the reply

The context I'm using is the Admin context. I'm assuming the process will be no different?

Would I need to do this from the console or could I be remote to the device?

Hi,

In that case the process will be same. You just take the back up of the Admin context configuration , change the ASA devices into single mode and copy the configuration on to the ASA device.

U have to use Console as the IP address will be removed in the conversion.

Thanks and Regards,

Vibhor Amrodia

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card