cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Downgrade SRU Update on FMC

jhonnywblue
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking for a way to downgrade SRU Update on FMC. I have two FMC, one has higher version than other. Due to the requirement, I have to downgrade the update to match with other. I cannot upgrade the lower version.

I do not see an option to downgrade via Web GUI. I was wondering if there is any way to do via Console.

Also, when I checked the Rule Update Log, I do not the running snort rule update file in the list.

Please advise/help

5 Replies 5

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi there-

There is no native way to do this. You will need to reach out to TAC for assistance. Why are you not able to upgrade both appliances to the latest SRU?

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

Because of the requirements.

Can you elaborate a bit more and help us understand what those requirements are? It is usually best practice to be running the latest version of the SRUs

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

Requirement is very simple:

You cannot install any update(s) that got released after a specific date. For example: 30, March 2019.

Leon Jaimes
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to do this as well because I need to import the export package that was from an earlier version of the SRU package. My workaround right now is to reinstall FMC.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card