cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EPRT Request - Any thoughts or suggestions would be apprecaited.

We are using an ASA 5505 in a small office LAN environment. When we try to run the update process on a postage machine (the machine connects to an ftp server to download updates) the process always times out with 0% transfered. I set a capture on the 5505 and it shows a "Request EPRT" being sent from the postage machine. The response from the server is "500 'EPRT' command not understood." The vendor, Pitney Bows, says it is a network issue, not a problem with the machine -- apparently they have never encountered this before. That is hard for me to believe, but I have to take their word for it. I tried to research EPRT and only know that it is an IPV6 command introduced to replace the PORT command. Is there anything I can do at the ASA to fix this? Any comments would be apprecaited.

-Roger

2 Replies 2

connectone
Level 4
Level 4

Can turn debug on and post the log lines from the ASA.

Frank

I did set the log level to debug but that was not helpful. That is why I turned on capture. I don't know what the best way to post the lines from the pcap format file would be. I'll try to do that when I get a few minutes.

Thanks,

Roger

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card