Views
Helpful
Replies

Export syslog settings from ASA to FTD

tony loktu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Is there a way of exporting the syslog settings (syslog id, syslog level and enabled/disabled) from ASA to FTD?

I'm looking at a daunting task with plenty of hours of manual labor if not.

/T

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I was thinking perhaps the API could assist but, even in the latest FMC 6.7, the API only supports GET for syslog messages, not PUT for configuration.

It's unusual to see an ASA with much customization of the syslog settings. Usually it's more effective to send everything of a given level to an upstream syslog server and then let it do the parsing and sort things out.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

have you looked ASA to the FTD Migration tool? are you looking to migrate only Syslog settings?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/security/firewalls/firepower-migration-tool.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi Balaji

Yes, i'm only migrating the syslog settings since i already ran the FMT. As far as i can see the FMT does not migrate the syslog settings.

Its going to take me days to do this manually

/T

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I was thinking perhaps the API could assist but, even in the latest FMC 6.7, the API only supports GET for syslog messages, not PUT for configuration.

It's unusual to see an ASA with much customization of the syslog settings. Usually it's more effective to send everything of a given level to an upstream syslog server and then let it do the parsing and sort things out.

I agree but this is whats done at the customer so we have to work with that.

Thanks for your time and answers

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card