Views
Helpful
Replies

Fail to integrate in Firesight management

QW_netzwerk
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

we have bougt several new 5508-X series firewall. Those are initially configured as a local and now we want to integrate them into  virtual firesight management system. We have got proper license and already update the firesight system to add the additional devices (Firewalls). But it was not succeeded until now. The output from the firepower IPS itself shows "Manager successfully configured". But the management center shows the failure message "Could not establish a connection with sensor. Make sure the registration keys match, that the software versions are compatible, and that the network is not blocking the connection ". The version on the Firepower IPS is running "Version 5.4.1 (Build 211)" and the management Center has "5.4.1.2" version. I have configured the both (firesight and firepower) same key but from the log message I have seen that " sftunneld:sf_ssl [WARN] REG ID from peer 10.106.254.253 () did not match REG ID ~catzilla" where 10.106.254.253 is the management center and it doesn't forward it's key properly. I have uploaded the log message from management center and firepower IPS. 

So if any of you has the same experience or/and know how to fix it will be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Saimun Pial

4 Replies 4

ankojha
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Saimul,

Try adding the sensor after changing the below settings:

On the sensor: (example)

> configure manager add 1.1.1.1 cisco123 abc

here cisco123 is the key and nat id is abc

On the DC:

Add the same NAT ID for registering the sensor on the DC

Let me know if that works.

Thanks,

Ankita

It worked for me.

:D

Thank you very much.

Glad to hear that .

You can mark the answer as correct if the solution provided is correct.

Thanks,

Ankita

Hi

I believe only the owner of the post can mark the answer as correct, but 5 starts to you.

:D

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: