cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

fail to secure state

Jeff Horton
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to configure the ASA 5555X to fail to a secure state upon a failure? 

1 Accepted Solution
4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Failure can mean many things - from the box crashing to an interface going down to a bug causing certain traffic to be mishandled. Obviously if the former happens no traffic will pass through the device. I suppose you could call that "fail to a secure state".

We would need to know more about the context of your question to answer your original question better.

There is a DISA STIG that has the following requirement: The firewall must fail to a secure state upon the failure of the following: system initialization, shutdown, or system abort.

Thanks for the quick response.

The fix text says: Configure the firewall to stop forwarding traffic or maintain the configured security policies up the failure of the following actions: system initialization, shutdown, or system abort.

Could I create an EEM that shuts down ports incase of one of the actions? If so, what syslog id would I get the EEM to monitor?

Sorry for so many questions. This has been biting me for a long time now and I have to fix with a solution or they will have to accept a risk acceptance.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card