cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Filover license requirements on a FPR1120-NGFW-K9 (FTD)

AndreasKvist
Level 1
Level 1

Hi , 

I´m trying to understand the license requirements for a FPR1120 with FTD image. 

I found this explanation: I just don´t get it, what does it say?

Firepower Threat Defense devices in a high availability configuration must have the same licenses. Before high availability is established, it does not matter which licenses are assigned to the secondary/standby device. During high availability configuration, the Firepower Management Center releases any unnecessary licenses assigned to the standby device and replaces them with identical licenses assigned to the primary/active device. For example, if the active device has a Base license and a Threat license, and the standby device has only a Base license, the Firepower Management Center communicates with the Cisco Smart Software Manager to obtain an available Threat license from your account for the standby device. If your Smart Licenses account does not include enough purchased entitlements, your account becomes Out-of-Compliance until you purchase the correct number of licenses. High availability configurations require two Smart License entitlements; one for each device in the pair.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/601/configuration/guide/fpmc-config-guide-v601/fpmc-config-guide-v601_chapter_01100110.html#id_21494

My question is this:

For 2 units of FPR1120-NGFW-K9, how many Threat licenses (T) do I need for HA functionality? 

a. 1 T license for the active unit

b. 2 T licenses, one for the active unit, one for the passive unit

Hope you can help me understand this.

BR

Andreas

0 Replies 0
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card