cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower 1120 FTD Setup

taro75
Level 1
Level 1

I am setting up new FTD 1120 with local device manager.

I have a few queries.

a) When I issue the shutdown command as shown command from CLI (FW01(local-mgmt)# shutdown ) firewall reboots at the end. Is it normal?

b) When I login to the FTD for the first time as shown below, it prompts me to input the IP address. Is this IP address for MGMT interface ? FW01# connect ftd a

c) Under FTD mode too, there is shutdown command to shutdown the sensor. Is it mandatory to shutdown the sensor separately?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

This is probably a bug CSCvy99348 Shutdown command reboots instead of shutting the FP1k device down. It has been fixed in 7.0.2, 7.0.4, 7.2.1 and above.

View solution in original post

Maybe if the code you running that affecting the BUG? then yes you need to upgrade to a fixed version and test it.

Recently i installed a new FTD 3K Model - have a backside Switch (which it turns off the device) - that good i like it.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

a) When I issue the shutdown command as shown command from CLI (FW01(local-mgmt)# shutdown ) firewall reboots at the end. Is it normal?   -  (yes its normal look at the below guide - Power Off the Device at the CLI)

b) When I login to the FTD for the first time as shown below, it prompts me to input the IP address. Is this IP address for MGMT interface ? FW01# connect ftd a   - you need to setup basic config to connect to device- that is part of quick start guide

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/quick_start/fp1100/firepower-1100-gsg/ftd-fdm.html

BB

I have tried to issue shutdown from Console CLI, Web Console & SSH. In all 3 cases system reboots instead of shutdown.

This is probably a bug CSCvy99348 Shutdown command reboots instead of shutting the FP1k device down. It has been fixed in 7.0.2, 7.0.4, 7.2.1 and above.

Thank you.

I can shutdown from "connect local management" and as well as from "connect ftd a" mode. What is the difference between two?

I hope that both should behave identically, i.e. start graceful shutdown, when FTD application is shut down first, then other services are stopped. In general, "connect local-mgmt" mode is a leftover from bigger boxes (so to say), like FP4100/9300, where full-fledged FXOS system is implemented. On all Firepower systems this mode is used for troubleshooting, but the number of available commands varies. So, use "connect ftd" mode (connecting by IP will get you there automatically) or GUI.

Maybe if the code you running that affecting the BUG? then yes you need to upgrade to a fixed version and test it.

Recently i installed a new FTD 3K Model - have a backside Switch (which it turns off the device) - that good i like it.

BB

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card