Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower 2110 - Access rules & NAT

richard.priest
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm trying to get our new FP2110 into production and even the simplest of tasks seem to be a struggle in FDM. (we don't have FMC)

I've setup a test server sat on a dev environment, it's running librespeed. This server can ping outside, so the PAT rule is working fine on the FP2110

However when I set a rule as per below - the destination address is set to the external IP I have assigned as a host address: 

Firepower_Rule.png

Traffic is blocked by the implicit deny, see the events below

Firepower_Events.png

If I delete the external NAT address in the rule, so effectively allow any/any in then traffic is allowed in.

However I still can't browse to my server via it's external address. The NAT rule is below

Firepower_NAT.png

Dead simple, but just won't work.

On an ASA I'd have some form of syslog to indicate if a NAT rule was wrong etc, but on this FirePower I'm flying almost blind, it's quite frustrating.

Any help would be much appreciated.

1 Reply 1

richard.priest
Level 1
Level 1

I've realised I made an idiot mistake with the ACL, I was selecting the source port rather than the destination.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card