Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower 2110 redundant interfaces, BVI

I have few questions. The situation is: I have Firepower 2110 in the routed mode and I want to connect 2 data switches  from the SAME LAN. Because every port on FirePower has to be on different subnet, how to connect those switches? Bridging and Redundant interface are not supported on Firepower 2100 series. What is the replacement for BVI, Redundant interface in this situation? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Unless the switches are in the same cluster (like VSS or Stackwise) or using something like NX-OS VPCs, you cannot do what you're asking with FTD.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Unless the switches are in the same cluster (like VSS or Stackwise) or using something like NX-OS VPCs, you cannot do what you're asking with FTD.

Thank you so much. My 2 switches are in vLAG (vendor Lenovo). So, is it a good idea to do this: on Firepower from two interfaces to create port-channel and on him to create 2 subinterfaces and connect those 2 switches??

Lenovo states their vLAG is "similar to" Cisco vPC so it might well work. However you'd be best to try it in a non-production environment (lab) first to confirm the operations are as you expect. TAC support would be best effort only.

How or whether you do subinterfaces depends on more details of your requirements than have been shared thus far. If you want to trunk multiple subnets (corresponding to VLANs) from the switches to the Firepower appliances then, yes, subinterfaces would be the logical choice. that does add another aspect to the interoperability question though so, again, labbing the setup would be advised.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card