cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower-2110 Unable To Launch Device Manager

TheRidDlerX
Level 1
Level 1

Been struggling with this for the past week. It used to work, and the PC im using to connect into the management port is not online, so no idea why its constantly saying Java is now suddenly outdated.

ASA Version : 9.8.2

ASDM Version 7.8(2)

I've updated to Java 8 Update 51 64bit but also tried a bunch from other threads like this one all with the same result. First have to change the ASDM shortcut to point to the new wscript in Windows to fix 'This app cannot run on this PC' and now this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to do this remotely so SSH is going to be difficult. Able to log into the chassis however, but I guess that's unrelated

14 Replies 14

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Thanks. The troubleshooting guide had some fun things to try but my situation didn't really change. Was able to find the proper ASDM version however and updated my original post. They are least compatible (should be fine, i havnt updated anything since it came out the box). Now just stuck on the ASDM page on the browser, but there is no Run with Web Start or anything similar that use to be there in the past, just the normal Install ASDM launcher and Install Java Web Start, both options of which i've already tried to explore but no luck

When you launching ASDM, what logs you see on the ASA (console or cli ?)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

How would I check that? Not really familiar with Cisco overall, so a lot of stuff still learning

SSH to ASA and show logging should give some indication why that is failing ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Alright thank for this. I'll try to take a look at that today

do you connect PC to mgmt port ?
what IP you use in ASDM PC ?

MHM

Yes, the PC has its own dedicated NIC into the management port of the FW. I've set that to 192.168.45.45 (or if I recall that was the default). I'm using 192.168.45.1 for the ASDM Launcher which worked in the past

Some functions must be monitored on FXOS and others on the ASA, so you need to make use of both operating systems for ongoing maintenance. For initial configuration on FXOS, you can connect to the default 192.168.45.45 IP address using SSH or your browser (https://192.168.45.45).

For initial configuration of the ASA, you can connect using ASDM to https://192.168.45.1/admin. In ASDM, you can later configure SSH access from any interface.

these IP change the PC IP to different than 45.1 and add /admin to end of https 
do that check again 
MHM

Appreciate it thanks. This is running in production however so its not a first time setup. After about a year I'm just not able to log into the ASA anymore via the ASDM and that's what's been causing the main issue

understood 
the ASDM is depend on OS of PC you run, 
check this compatibility OS browser and how you solve issue of app not run in PC  
Screenshot (69).pngScreenshot (70).png

Thank you yes. Been able to resolve that by editing the shortcut of the ASDM launcher that's created as per previous posts but that creates the Unable to launch issue. I think its Java version related. Going to try and uninstall everything now and load an older Java.

You are so welcome 

Have a nice day 

MHM

TheRidDlerX
Level 1
Level 1

Final attempt that solved this for me in the interim (still have some unresolved SSL warnings) was as follows :
-uninstall ASDM Launcher
-uninstall Java current version

-Install Java 7 Update 51 then hit up the ASDM management IP via Internet Explorer. In my case this was https://192.168.45.1/admin

however the real kicker to this was it didn't work still with the 64bit installer, even tho my OS is 64bit (see original post) until I installed the 32 bit of the same Java version. That just made everything come alive and accessing the website gave me the 'Run ASDM' option and created a shortcut on the desktop for future access. I recall reading something about Windows 10 not liking 64bit Java which is what made me try it, and it worked, so hopefully this helps someone else also

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card