Views
Helpful
Replies

FirePOWER Access Control Policy

sgar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm looking for some guidance / info in order to migrate switch based ACLs (mainly VACLs) to FMC for FTD running on FPR-4110 appliance.

There are some 1100 plus entries in those VACLs collected from more than 10 x switches.

Is there any migration tool or easy way to convert VACLs and upload / import into FMC please? Or would it be the case of doing it all manually line by line :(

Thanks in advance and kind regards.

Rizvis

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There's no tool currently available to do this in an automated fashion.

It would be easiest to take some time to learn the API and then input your VACLs as objects in an API-based configuration push. If you can wait a while, Firepower 6.3  (Oct/Nov release) promises to have more tools for interacting with the API.

Hi Marvin,

Thanks for response and suggestion. would you recommend any resource for quick learning of API. I've not interacted with APIs before. therefore it will be for beginner learning I'm afraid.

I did see some of previous threads discussing APIs for the same purpose but seeing the script one has to prepare, raised a question in my mind that would it not take the same amount of time to insert all those details into the script as it would do on FMC GUI.

Regards.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card