Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FIREPOWER FMC and CIMC

Hi Everyone,

I remember from my first deployments of FMC1000 and FMC2500 that CIMC is installed but not supported, I would like to know if recently this is changed and if there is eventually any option to use CIMC with FMCs.

We have an OOB serial console switch but still FMCs sometimes gives me the creeps while updating, especially BIOS and RAID firmware and also it would be easier in case of reimaging (even considering the shared LOM option).

Thanks everyone!

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It's still not supported. I haven't heard anything different - even with the soon-to-be-release Firepower 6.6.

dewey89
Level 1
Level 1

Can you explain what you mean by "any option to use CIMC with FMCs"?  What is FMCs?  Is this plural or has another meaning.

I'm currently running a Cisco vFMC cluster running 6.4.0.7 on UCS C240-M5 servers.  The vFMC is a VM on a VCSA 6.7 cluster.

There is no integration of the CIMC with our vFMC or VMware implementation.  What kind of connectivity are you looking for?

For maintenance work adding hardware or managing local issues to the UCS servers I use CIMC.  I used the "launch KVM option for the initial install of VMware and any root access to the ESXi host console.

Besides that I access everything else from the VCSA or ESXi web access.

The question is regarding FMC hardware appliances ("FMCs") - not FMC running as a VM.

The Cisco hardware appliances are based on Cisco UCS C220 M4 and M5 type servers. However we do not have the option of using the CIMC interface on those appliances.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card