Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower licensing on Virtual Defense Center

Hi,

I've a Virtual Defense Center version 5.4.1.7 build 23 and two firepower modules installed on two ASA5508.

Version of Firepower modules is 5.4.1.7 build 18.

I've bought Virtual Defense Center for two hosts (FW-VMW-2-SW-K9) and TAMC licenses for the modules.

I've registered the firepower modules on Virtual Defense.

I've requested TAMC licenses and I've loaded them into Virtual Defense. Licenses are valid and they are for ASA5508...so everything seems ok.

I can't associate license to devices.

Both devices are still unlicensed.

When I select a device, I can't edit any license capabilities.

Also, I don't know if I have to license the Defense Center. Until now I haven't loaded any license for the Defense Center.

How can I license my devices?

Do I have to license also the Defense Center to manage two hosts?

Thanks

Antonio

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Antonio,

Please verify with the Licensing team about  the set of license that you bought and confirm if the license contains Protection and control license or not.

•             Licensing : +1 919-574-1701

Regards

Jetsy 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jetsy Mathew
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Antonio,

To start using the functionality of the modules, atleast you need a protection and control license . Without applying a minimum of protect and control license to the Firepower modules, you cannot start using the access control policies with the modules. 

For the network host discovery , you need the Firesight host license which has a limit of 50,000 hosts.

Rate and correct if the post helps you

Regards

Jetsy 

Hello Jetsy,

thanks for your reply.

About licensing of Firesight, it's ok, I've understand that limit on hosts is not related to the number of managed devices.

Regarding license of the modules, I don't understand very well what you have written.

Do you mean that I need also Control license for ASA5508?

I think that TAMC license contain also Control+Protect functionalities but I've noticed that only Malware and URL filtering are listed.

Is it right that TAMC license doesn't include protect+control licenses?

Hello Antonio,

Please verify with the Licensing team about  the set of license that you bought and confirm if the license contains Protection and control license or not.

•             Licensing : +1 919-574-1701

Regards

Jetsy 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card