cancel
Announcements

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Firepower Management Center 6.6 beakerd process

I'm wondering whether anyone has some suggestions on resolving an issue that cropped up when upgrading a lab FMCv from 6.5 to the newest 6.6.

Everything (policy, etc) seems to have upgraded smoothly, but post-upgrade, it appears that URL Filtering/Cloud Lookups are failing.  I also started receiving errors in the GUI telling me: 

"Process Status - fmc.xxx.internal     

beakerd terminated unexpectedly 1 time(s)"

and 

"URL Filtering Monitor – fmc.xxx.internal

URL Filtering registration failure"

I looked at the System-->Integrations-->Cloud Services, and the URL Filtering section doesn't appear to be updating.

I did a fresh 6.6 install and then as soon as I create a policy requiring URL, it shows similar symptoms, and the URL Filtering shows it's never updated, even when I click "Update Now".  beakerd does appear to be involved in the update of URL, so makes sense these are failing together.

I looked around and noticed bug https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvs82115, but that is reported as fixed in 6.6.

The FMC is managing a single FTD 1010 also running 6.6, and other stuff appears to be normal.  Policies push as expected, etc.

Content settings in Access Control policies seem to be a little hit or miss.

Since it's "lab" I can't just open a TAC case, and I don't think partner help does this kind of stuff either. 

Any thoughts?

0 REPLIES 0
Content for Community-Ad