cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower Management Center | Device Power Loss - Automatic Shutdown?

errMsg
Level 1
Level 1

I have a simple setup:

Firepower Management Center is managing 1 Firepower 1010 device.  I want to know if there is a way in the event of a power loss on the device can the FMC initiate a shutdown to prevent bricking the device from a hard shutdown?

My FMC is on a ESXi workstation is on the same battery backup as the firewall and will have about 5-10 mins to do a graceful shutdown if possible.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sorry but there's no feature like that.

It's of course not recommended, but I've had both FMCs and FTD devices power cycled without a graceful shutdown and they restarted just fine. It helps to have a regular backup schedule and keep the backups on an external device.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sorry but there's no feature like that.

It's of course not recommended, but I've had both FMCs and FTD devices power cycled without a graceful shutdown and they restarted just fine. It helps to have a regular backup schedule and keep the backups on an external device.

Marvin, as always, thanks for your help:)

Its just a SOHO setup/lab so Ill go with kepping a good backup and the UPS will help if im there when the power goes out.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card