Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower Management Center High availability

Learnercisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Tech Guys,

I have the folowing devices in my Edge Network design.

2x FMC 1000 Series (Active/Standby)

2x 2100 FTD (Activity/Standby)

i am facing problem in FMC High availability, when the Primary FMC down, Seconday FMC is not taking over the role and FTDs are not showing on the Secondary FMC. FTDs  Still connects  with Primary FMC when its power up again.

FMC HA is not working.

any body face this problem.

The FMC/FTD Code is 6.3

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies 4

mohanB
Level 1
Level 1

When the primary Firepower Management Center fails, you must promote the secondary Firepower Management Center to become the active unit. So its not automatic, manual steps by User. Under System/Integration/High Availability, "switch peer roles" button.

Hi Mohan B

Thanks for the reply,

I suppose there will be automatic failover and manual fallback solution in the FMC.

Thanks for confirmation 

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is this straight 6.3 deployment to upgraded ? can you share configuraition screenshot ? Do you see they SYNC ? (6.3.0 have some bug of Sync so worth looking or worth upgrading to 6.4 or upper version)

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/610/configuration/guide/fpmc-config-guide-v61/firepower_management_center_high_availability.html#id_21197

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi balaji,

Thanks for your reply,

The firewpower system is already equipped 6.3 code. Can I upgrade to 6.6 rather than 6.4?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card