cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FirePower module time not synchronized with FireSight

deyster94
Level 5
Level 5

I have a client that is deploying a large number of ASA's w/ FirePower.  Most of them when they joined FireSight are working fine, but there are a handful that are having issues with time synchronization.  If I do a show ntp on the module that is having an issue, I get the following output:

> show ntp
NTP not configured on this system.
Please configure and apply System Policy from managing Defense Center.

However, I am running FireSight MC version 6.0 and this version does not have a system policy like version 5.4.  I am not sure how to force the handful of modules to get their time from FSMC.

TIA for any ideas?

Dan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aastha Bhardwaj
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Check under System >Configuration>Time synchronization . You will find the NTP settings , check that and save it and the deploy it .

Otherwise from Cli  to force the time sync :  ntpdate –u <NTPserver>

Regards,

Aastha Bhardwaj

Rate if that helps!!!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Aastha Bhardwaj
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Check under System >Configuration>Time synchronization . You will find the NTP settings , check that and save it and the deploy it .

Otherwise from Cli  to force the time sync :  ntpdate –u <NTPserver>

Regards,

Aastha Bhardwaj

Rate if that helps!!!

Aastha,

I ran the ntpdate -u <ntp server> command on the modules that were having the issue and that fixed it for me.

Thanks for the help.

Dan

Worked for me to, on the 4120.
Thanks

esersekizinci
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for this solution. Regards...

OilMan77
Level 1
Level 1

FMC Version 6.6.1 / ISA FTD modules running 6.6.0(Build 90)

Based on things recommended to try above:

- I checked under System >Configuration>Time synchronization on the FMC and those settings are correct.

- I ran the ntpdate -u <ntp server> command on the ISA modules which are having this exact issue. It show's it updates to the correct time from the NTP server. However, I show clock again and it defaults back to default date/time. My issue's are on a secure air-gap network, so I cannot share images, etc. 

* When I run 'show ntp' from the module, I get 'NTP not configured on this system. Please configure and apply System Policy from managing Defense Center.'   I have verified that the FMC's system policy is accurate and deployed, not awaiting any changes, etc. Additionally, I have other modules successfully in FMC with no similar issues for 9+ months.

Any thoughts on what's still causing the issue?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card