Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower SMARTLicense Expireation

John.Mayer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

actually i have a Cisco firepower 4120 in my lab and install SMART License Eval for 9 days

but after it expire once i try to deploy any change on policies it says "Deployment is not available since your device does not have a base license, please go to [Smart License] to solve the issue"

i just want to know that is it possible to remove or delete the smart account for advance threats and use my FTD as a normal device?

as i know that base license is permanent on FTDs

thank you all in advance

John

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It shouldn't be necessary to remove the logical device in fxos.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Generally it is easier to register it properly to your Smart account and get a no-cost base license associated.

However, if you backup your config and then restart with a factory default image you can re-register with a new 90-day evaluation smart license.

Dear Marvin

thanks for your smart answer, actually i'm looking for solution not to reset factory my FPR, is it possible to do that or and the end i supposed to restore my backup on factory default device

If you don't want to reset to factory default, then you must license it to a Smart account.

Dear Marvin

hi again

i'm going to factory reset my FTD, just another question, do i have to remove my logical device in FXOS?

It shouldn't be necessary to remove the logical device in fxos.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card