cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower SNMP VPN

opengiltd
Level 1
Level 1

i have recently deployed a site to site between a Firepower FTD and a ASA which is up and working but im unable to monitor the FTD using SNMP over the VPN. i have enabled access via the platform settings however it seems im only able to get stats if i use the external IP address of the firewall. This is not an option as it would be sending all SNMP traffic over the internet and not down the tunnel. I know in the traditional ASA config you would apply the management-access command which would make inbound VPN connections terminate on an interface of your choosing. I thought about trying to apply a flex config with the management-access statement but im unsure if this would work.

has anyone else been able to deploy SNMP successfully to an FTD without using the FMC or the outside VPN address? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,
I seem to recall having to use the "management-access" command with Flexconfig in a previous deployment, this worked ok. FYI, I also remember it would not work if you were using a BVI on the inside.

HTH

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hi,
I seem to recall having to use the "management-access" command with Flexconfig in a previous deployment, this worked ok. FYI, I also remember it would not work if you were using a BVI on the inside.

HTH

I'd like to second that statement. I have my monitoring centralized watching sites over VPN and adding management-access using FlexConfig allowed me to monitor the FTDs on one of the data interfaces behind the VPNs.

Regards

Fredrik

What guide/docs did you leverage to build the flexconfig parameters?

Im not seeing this documented in any of the configuration guides, is there a link or doc that outlines this process/configuration or is a TAC case the only way?

sskillin
Level 1
Level 1

Would you mind sharing the exact commands used in order to get SNMP working over a VPN tunnel?

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card