cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower with FMC and without FMC

usmanlodhi1001
Level 1
Level 1

i have one Firepower 5516, before i was using ASA so i try to migrate the ASA to Firepower and found i need the FMC so i download FMC from the internet and put evaluation License and migrate the configuration when i disconnect the firepower from the FMC all the configuration gone and firewall same like before how i can keep the configuration without the FMC after disconnecting.

Firepower Verion

NGFW Version 6.4.0

3 Replies 3

Hi,

That is to be expected. You cannot manage an FTD centrally using FMC and migrate the configuration to be managed locally using FDM. It's one or the other.

You could use CDO (Cisco Defense Orchestrator) to migrate your ASA configuration to the FTD.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/migration-tool/migration-guide-CDO/ASA2FTD_Using_CDO/ASA2FTD_with_FP_Migration_Tool_cdo_chapter_011.html

HTH

Dear Rob,

After Migration through CDO Cisco Defense orchestrate  i can disconnect the firewall from CDO and the configuration will remain in the firewall?

Thanks

Yes correct. CDO relies on the FTD being configured to use local management via FDM. So you can continue to manage the FTD using FDM whether you continue to use CDO or not.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card