cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FireSIGHT 6.2.03 compatibility with ESXi 6.5

Netmart
Level 1
Level 1

Is FireSIGHT Rel 6.2.03 compatible with ESXi 6.5?

Please advise.

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jimholla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
ESXI6.5 support is coming with release 6.2.3 (March 2018).

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Hi, well in the cisco release notes for that version dated 28th Jan 2018, it doesn't specifically say if ESX 6.5 is supported, only 6.0. So I'd say no

Oliver Kaiser
Level 7
Level 7
It is not supported but will work. If this is a must have requirement you might want to contact Cisco, maybe it is already tested and blessed.

Hi, I installed FMC 6.2.2 on ESXi 6.5 and didn't work. After a few hours of having running vFMC the CPU was at 100%. I had to open a case and TAC said me that It will be supported by 6.2.3 release.

Here in this thread, we discuss the same:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/firesight-system-3d-system/firepower-management-center-virtual-vmware-6-5/m-p/3327702#M5792

Regards.-

jimholla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
ESXI6.5 support is coming with release 6.2.3 (March 2018).

Hello,

You are wrong - the FTDv 6.2.3 is still NOT working with ESXi 6.5. During the installation, it gets stuck the same way the previous versions did.

Just because it is not working in your setup, doesn't mean it does not work generally. I got a vSphere 6.5U1 lab running multiple FTDv 6.2.3 instances running without issues.

Additional troubleshooting data / logs would be helpful to determine what is causing your issue...

Interesting... I have a lab fmc running on vSphere 6.5 without any issues (6.2.2.1). Is there any specific process generating the load. I dont really comprehent why 6.5 should cause any issues for a standard linux vm.

Hi @Oliver Kaiser. Sorry but I don't remember what process was generating the load.
Do you have both vCenter Server and ESXi host on 6.5?
The issue that I had was with ESXi host and not with vCenter Server.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/compatibility/firepower-compatibility.html

Yes, both vCenter and ESXi are running 6.5U1

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: