Views
Helpful
Replies

firewall pvt pub ip nat

secureIT
Level 4
Level 4

hi team,

im into setting up an SSL vpn in ASA firewall. Unfortunately my firewall outside ip is 172.16.1.1 pvt ip range. Can anyone suggest me can i do Natting in firewall or upstream to the firewall device ? Can i do the Natting in router for the firewall external ip without making any networking impact ??             

6 Replies 6

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can do NAT on the upstream device to the firewall.

What does your current router NATing look like so we can check whether it might be impacting anything.

You have to configure the NAT on the router that hat the public IP on it's outside interface. There you should configure a port-forwarding for TCP/443 and UDP/443.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

should port forwarding be done on router ?

Has the ASA outside IP been NATed/Port forwarded on the router at all for other access?

So far no config has been done on the router end. i am trying to configure it for SSL vpn. Hence gathering the data to config pub ip.

If there is no NAT configured on the router, where do you configure the NAT for all your existing outbound traffic?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: