Views
Helpful
Replies

Firewall Service Module License

scotty.hunter
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning,

I have10 WS-SVC-FWM-1 modules, and I'm looking for a resource/walkthrough on how to go about requesting and applying a license to the modules.  Thanks for the help!

-Scotty

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello, Scotty. 

Yes, you are right. According to the EOS notifications, you'll be able to receive support for software related issues till 30 September 2015 and for hardware related issues till 30 September 2017.

But, if I'm not mistaking, it is not possible to order licenses for those partnumbers anymore.

I recomend you to try to open a case in Cisco Support (TAC), as soon as you have active contracts. They should inform you about licenses.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Boris Uskov
Level 4
Level 4

Hello, Scotty.

According to this document those modules are under End-of-Sale from 2012 year:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/interfaces-modules/catalyst-6500-series-firewall-services-module/eol_c51-699134.html

I'm afraid it is not possible to order licenses for those modules anymore.

Thank you for your reply,

I'm pretty positive that they are still under our contract, because the technician before me was able to still get assistance with these cards.

Hello, Scotty. 

Yes, you are right. According to the EOS notifications, you'll be able to receive support for software related issues till 30 September 2015 and for hardware related issues till 30 September 2017.

But, if I'm not mistaking, it is not possible to order licenses for those partnumbers anymore.

I recomend you to try to open a case in Cisco Support (TAC), as soon as you have active contracts. They should inform you about licenses.

Boris,

Thanks for your quick reply.  I assumed that would be the next step in the process.  I appreciate the assist!  Thanks again!

-Scotty

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card