Views
Helpful
Replies

Flow of traffic between ASA and virtual FireSIGHT Management Console

mozmorris1974
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Does all the processing of the network stream happen on the ASA or is some passed to the vFMC?

Im thinking in relation to having the ASA on a remote site and the FMC local to us, there would be WAN links.

I would imagine the processing is done on the ASA and the FMC is just used for "management"

Im querying as the spec sheet mentions Maximum flow rate (flows per second) *Varies for the Virtual and has 2,000fps for the FS750

Cheers

6 Replies 6

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The FMC is not in the path for any flow through an ASA with FirePOWER module.

again many thanks Marvin for being active on this part of the forum.

we'll centralize with a vFMC 10 device license.

Cheers!

Hi sorry to join this discussion 2 years after the last update but the title is exactly what I would like to confirm..

With a distributed Firepower deployment and a central FMC, what traffic is sent from the remote Firepower module to the FMC? Event logs? Are there any guides on how much bandwidth would be used with management traffic between FMC and Firepower?

We have fairly low bandwidth at the remote sites so want to be sure we do not consume too much bandwidth with FP to FMC traffic.

Many thanks

Ray

It's only event logs and any policy deployments.

There aren't any published numbers, but I have seen reports of clients with MPLS circuits working fine to handle the FirePOWER module to FMC communications in addition to the regular user traffic.

Thanks Marvin, appreciate the quick response!

Regards

Ray

Ray,

You're welcome. Please rate the answer if it has helped.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card