Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FMC Backup Files

Hello Everyone,

We have a FMC 2500, and I noticed that its backuping twice the configuration files.

The first time is on the folder we specified and the other is under "sf-storage".

I wonder if its because the "Remote Storage Device" is configured and if yes, is it fine to use only the backup profile ?

I dont really know why it backups twice the configuration.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Once you have enabled remote storage for your backup, all subsequent backups should go there. They should no longer go to local storage.

In other words, it should either be local storage in /var/sf/backup/, or a remote network volume - not both.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Once you have enabled remote storage for your backup, all subsequent backups should go there. They should no longer go to local storage.

In other words, it should either be local storage in /var/sf/backup/, or a remote network volume - not both.

Hi,

I have the remote storage and a backup profile, both pointing the same sftp server.

when the task triggers every week, the fmc is sending two files to the remote server.

I just disable the backup option in the remote storage function, it seems that if you have the remote storage configuration you dont need the backup profile. Is it the right assumption ?

The backup profile is applied to the schedule.

You can check the schedule from Settings->Scheduling->Weekly config only backup -> Edit.

Can you verify if you have two schedules running?

Regards,

Chakshu

Hope this helps!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card