Views
Helpful
Replies

FMC Depoyment

DivvNetSec
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can anyone please help me understand how often FTD gets deployed ? I am asking this question because in our environment I see deployment pending on few devices. Also I am seeing "applied policy is out of date" will this effect on FTD's ? 

Thanks,

Divyesh 

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Deployments are either manual (policy changes) or via scheduled tasks (Snort Rule Updates, Vulnerability Database).

You may have FMC configured to download SRU periodically but not deploy - that will result in the "deployment pending" situation.

Hi Marvin,
Is it possible to see pending Changes ?
For example a rule that was add .

regards

@ccarrionm Yes you can see pending deployment changes as of FMC version 6.6. (6.6.1 is the currently recommended release.)

Earlier releases did not have this capability.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/660/relnotes/firepower-release-notes-660/features.html#id_109461

New options for deploying configuration changes

The Deploy button on the FMC menu bar is now a menu, with options that add the following functionality:

• Status: For each device, the system displays whether changes need to be deployed; whether there are warnings or errors you should resolve before you deploy; and whether your last deploy is in process, failed, or completed successfully.

• Preview: See all applicable policy and object changes you have made since you last deployed to the device.

• Selective deploy: Choose from the policies and configurations you want to deploy to a managed device.

• Deploy time estimate: Display an estimate of how long it will take to deploy to a particular device. You can display estimates for a full deploy, as well as for specific policies and configurations.

• History: View details of previous deploys.

New/modified screens:

• Deploy > Deployment

• Deploy > Deployment History

Supported platforms: FMC

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card