Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FMC External Authentication

Hello,

We have Cisco FMC, version is 7.0.1

I would like to configure access to the FMC based on AD Groups, integration done thought LDAP. At this moment we have 2 AD groups:

First - Full Access (Grant-FMC-Admin), Second - Read Only Security Analyst (Grant-FMC-ReadOnly) 

You can see configuration on the screenshot.

IrakliGvishiani_1-1665485275475.png

IrakliGvishiani_0-1665485172982.png

There is test result:

IrakliGvishiani_0-1665485705711.png

As I have discovered, some users can login, some no. What is the problem? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The issue seems to be related to hitting the maximum limit of query size limit as stated on the error. I would try to use a more specific base DN instead of the root one, and also a base filter that would match all the queried users.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This looks for me more of AD side users need to verify they are in correct Group

compare working vs not working so you see the different in user profiles in AD ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

For example, User1 can be member of Grant-FMC-Admin\Grant-FMC-ReadOnly and this user will have correct assigned role. But User2 can be member of Grant-FMC-Admin\Grant-FMC-ReadOnly and this user can't login at all. 

The issue seems to be related to hitting the maximum limit of query size limit as stated on the error. I would try to use a more specific base DN instead of the root one, and also a base filter that would match all the queried users.

I tried to be more specific, but situation is the same.

How and what do I need to check regarding these 67 users? These users are created in such way as another 550...

I don't personally think the issue is related to the users' attributes, I think it is just the size limit that is getting hits. Did you also try the base filter?

You was right, I done more specific Base DN and now works. Thanks. 

Glad to hear this has been fixed now and you're welcome.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card