Views
Helpful
Replies

FMC Security Intelligence Cisco Feeds not seen

h.dam
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am configuring my company FMC security intelligence part. But in the available objects tab, I didn't see the Cisco feed objects as: Malware, Phishing, Bots, etc.

Any one can help me?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you have a smart license account, you might be able to use a Satellite server. It will act as a Proxy between the Firepower device and Internet. Checkout Registration of a Firepower Management Center to a Smart License Satellite Server for more info

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Chess Norris
Level 4
Level 4

Have you checked that your FMC can connect to the intelligence feed? You can ssh into the FMC and do a 

"sudo telnet intelligence.sourcefire.com 443" to verify that you are able to connect.

Here is a link to a troubleshooting guide for security intelligence Troubleshoot Security Intelligence 

Sorry, I forgot to explain that my FMC is installed in a LAB environment. So its impossible to go outside to internet.
In this case, how can I get the mentionned Cisco intelligence feeds ?

Make sure you have Base/IPS license added to FMC and applied to the device, FMC should be able to download the latest updates.

I have Protection, Malware and Control licenses for my IPS.
I forgot to say that FMC is impossible to go outside because it is in Lab.
I did my updates manually.

Hi,
You need to connect to internet to get the SI updates and feeds.

HTH
Abheesh

If you have a smart license account, you might be able to use a Satellite server. It will act as a Proxy between the Firepower device and Internet. Checkout Registration of a Firepower Management Center to a Smart License Satellite Server for more info

Thank you for your reply.
I don't have a smart account. But I am studying your satellite solution as alternative one.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card