cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FMC unable to download updates

tato386
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I a running into what appears to be this bug:  CSCvm81052 : Bug Search Tool (cisco.com) but I am hesitant to implement the fix because I am running v7.0.1.1 FMC and the bug should have been fixed by now.  Maybe I have something else going on?  I ran the this and the output is attached.

openssl s_client -connect update-manifests.sco.cisco.com:443

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Diego

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
VIP Community Legend VIP Community Legend
VIP Community Legend

For me Looks something wrong

SSL handshake has read 4197 bytes and written 470 bytes
Verification error: unable to get local issuer certificate

worth Open a TAC case to investigate for you.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Marius Gunnerud
VIP Advisor VIP Advisor
VIP Advisor

What version is the FTD running? Before replacing the certificate file as indicated in the bug ID you posted, I suggest trying the workaround in this bug first.

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCwa88571

This is just updating / adding a certificate.

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

tato386
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I was at 7.0.1.1 and did manual upgrade to 7.0.4 and it's back to normal now.  Hopefully it won't come back but if it does I will use that workaround.

Thanks all!

HQuest
Beginner
Beginner

For me, this seems to be unrelated to bug CSCvm81052. The latest FMC 7.0.2.1-12 code has the exact same certificate as of the one suggested as fix from the bug, however updates are still failing. It is interesting, though, that the Geolocation and SRU/LSP databases are downloaded just fine - just the FMC/FTD product updates are reported as "corrupted".

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: