cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FMC virtual Strong Encryption 3DES/AES license (L-FMCVIR-ENC-K9)

kokkeong-low
Level 1
Level 1

Is this FMC virtual Strong Encryption 3DES/AES license (L-FMCVIR-ENC-K9) included at zero cost? for Cisco 1120 NGFW Appliance.

How to install and enable this encryption?

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@kokkeong-low where did you get that part number? I'm not familiar with it.

In general, we order the no-cost 3DES-AES license only for appliances running the ASA software image. For a Firepower 1120 (FPR-1120-ASA-K9) that would be the feature license with part number FPR1K-ENC-K9.

L-FMCVIR-ENC-K9 is for FMC to manage Firepower 1120 with strong encryption?  

Firepower 1120 (FPR-1120-ASA-K9) that would be the feature license with part number FPR1K-ENC-K9 - is this at no cost as well? when we configure FPR1120 in CCW  this FPR1K-ENC-K9 there is no selection. need add separately as FPR1K-ENC-K9=? if this is so then it will prone to mistake for not adding, should include by default.

kokkeong-low
Level 1
Level 1

L-FMCVIR-ENC-K9= is Strong Encryption 3DES/AES for virtual FMC to manage Firepower 1120 appliance, so that remote access VPN and Site to Site VPN can be allowed to configure?    

I've never seen that SKU before and I have configured several dozen FMC VMs. FMC by itself does not use 3DES/AES, it only allows you to configure it on managed devices that have a license for strong encryption.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card