Views
Helpful
Replies

FPR-1010 ASA 3DES License

Steve Babcock
Level 1
Level 1

I have re-imaged my FPR-1010 to and ASA 9.13.1.2

I am able to configure the ASA but need to enable the Encryption-3DES-AES license

How do I go about doing that.   I don't see anything in the Smart Licensing portal.

Steve

1 Reply 1

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Steve-

There are a few things that are required here:

• The 1010 has to be registered with a smart licensing account - It sounds like you already have this done
  • Your smart licensing account must have the following licenses associated with it:
    • L-FPR1000-ASA=     --->   This is the base license required for running ASA code on the 1010
    • L-FPR1K-ENC-K9=   --->   This the strong encryption license that you are referring to
  • Both of the licenses listed above are $0.00 cost but they are still required and must be in your smart account. If you don't have those license, you will need to reach out to Cisco TAC or the reseller that you used to purchase the hardware and request the licenses. 

The link below walks you through the device setup and smart licensing registration:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/quick_start/fp1010/firepower-1010-gsg/asa.html#task_ryf_5zv_phb

I hope this helps!

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card