cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FPR 1120 : Management Port is working only at Gig speed. No link on 100Mb port - FTD 6.6 /6.5

Erwan LE BIHAN
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I'm currently engaged with TAC regarding a defect on FTD 6.6 / FPR1120.

Seems there's something wrong...

in 6.4: Management port is working at both 100Mb/sec and Gig Speed.

in 6.5 : Management port is working only at Gig speed during reimage and subsequent reboot unless you power off completely the FPR1120, remove power, wait 20 seconds and cold start. Works correctly afterwards.

in 6.6 : Management port is working only at Gig during reimage. Do not work at 100Mb/sec at all, even after reboot, power off or whatever

Test were made using two brands (Cisco / HP Procurve) and 3 Models (2524,2960,3560), using straight and crossover cable (does not matter).

If you have physical access to FPR 1120 units, would you please check ? I would like to know if I need a RMA or if it is a common software bug.

thanks.

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

6.6 is totally new to me (need to explore)

have you look at the interface config and setup manual (rather auto) ? see if that works (sorry if you already tried or not working on this case?)

Check the Auto-negotiation check box (the default) to auto-detect the speed and duplex. If you uncheck it, you can set the speed and duplex manually:

• Duplex—Choose Full or Half.

• Speed—Choose 10mbps, 100mbps, or 1gbps.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi.

Bug has been reproduced in Cisco LAB by TAC and acknowledged : defect filled. 

Meanwhile, I will connect the FPR Mgmt port to a Gig Port.

Thanks for the update @Erwan LE BIHAN . It's good to know.

Did TAC provide the bugID?

Make sense and learned lessons another one.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Workaround for this bug (duplicate):

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvt13730

In short: you can force the mgmt port speed to 100Mb in FxOS using undocumented command. 

Or connect the mgmt only to a Gig Port.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card