Views
Helpful
Replies

FPR-2100,FIber is not turning green

Visauk47
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys, 

I am trying to configure a Fiber port in FPR-2100 series but the lights on the port is not turning green, it stays amber all the time.

- I have connected a SFP to the port and connected a cable from the Fiber port to the switch but the light is not going green.

I am using ASA on FPR-2100 and through ASDM, I can see that the port status is enabled but the light is not turning green on the port. 

Any suggestions. ??

Regards,

V

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Marvin,

I managed to get it working by going to the FXOS, go to the config of the interface and then Scope settings.

Regards,
Vishal

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

- Which FTD2100 model are you using?

- Which Fiber ports on the FTD are you using (speed)?

- What is the speed on the switch port?

- How is the port on the switch configured?

This almost sounds like there is either a speed or duplex mismatch between the FTD and the switch.

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

Hi Marius, 

Thank you for the reply. 

We are using the model mentioned below:- 

Model

Firewall

NGFW

NGIPS

Interfaces

FPR-2110

3G

2.3G

2.3G

12 x RJ45, 4 x SFP

- using Fiber port 15, pic attached, you can see that the light is amber, not turning green.

- Speed on the switch port is 10 G, configured as a trunk port.

Just want to update you that we are using ASA IOS on this firewall, not the FXOS.

Regards,

V

Can you share the interface configuration from the ASA and switch?

If your switch side is setup as a trunk, do you have subinterfaces on the ASA so that the traffic is tagged?

Hi Marvin,

I managed to get it working by going to the FXOS, go to the config of the interface and then Scope settings.

Regards,
Vishal

@Visauk47 I have the same problem on a 1140 platform.

Can you elaborate on what you did to resolve the issue?

I've went into FXOS -> scope eth-uplink -> scope fabric -> scope interface  1 9
But not sure on which parameter to adjust to go from amber to green

Regards,

Michael

jocke9292
Level 1
Level 1

I do have the same issue. Light does not go from amber to green. Tried multiple SFP. I does get identified correctly and we've checked the incoming fiber with a light-meter. But there's no output from the Cisco. Any special configuration?

I don't know if it's a bug in regards to the LEDs, but the etherchannel will only use 1 link for FO/HA - this setting could explain why only one LED is on, but one every other equipment, all LEDs on a etherchannel is green. 

I was able to use a BX-D but not BX-U, strange but it does work. Had to talk to the other party to change SFP on their end too.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card